Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls

This is another recipe from the nifty sample cards I was sent in the mail years ago. This I have made A LOT! I am very intimidated by yeast and the whole kneading process!  I've never done it by hand. I really  have no excuses since I do have a Kitchen Aid Mixer that has a dough hook. Hmm..note to self! This recipe requires NO kneading! I repeat...NO kneading. And to make it even better, these can be made up to 4 days ahead. Just take it out of the refigerator, let rise and bake for perfect rolls every time. Trust me, if I can do it you can do it!

Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls

1 cup warm water (105 F to 115 F)
2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast (4 1/2 teaspoons)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar 
3  eggs
1 teaspoon salt 
4 -4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
additional melted butter (optional)
Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let the mixture stand until yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes.  Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt.  Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to mix with a spoon (some flour may not be needed).  Place in a greased bowl cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days. Grease one 9 x 13 baking pans. Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured surface.  Divide dough into 24 equal-size pieces.  Roll each piece into a smooth round ball; place balls in even rows in the prepared pan. Cover and let dough balls rise until double in volume, about 1 hour.  Preheat oven to 375°F Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Brush warm rolls with melted butter, if desired. Break rolls apart to serve.

** Tip** Need a warm place to let your bread dough rise? Turn your heating pad on high, set your covered bread bowl on top and it will keep it at an even temp!

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Carolina HeartStrings said...

I cannot wait to try this recipe out. I am printing it right now. They look so delicious. Come over and visit us. We have a great grilled fruit recipe.